Glass Half-Full

I do not have a smart-phone. Yes, you read that right. I don't have a smart-phone. I am a 41 year old, SAHM/WAHM living in the burbs with an Ericsson cellphone from 2006. That's right. Not even an old blackberry! "How does she do it?", you might be asking yourself, unless you just flat out refuse to believe the validity of this statement. And don't get me wrong...it's not like I'm holding out or protesting smart-phones, or wanting not to appear to be "another one of those smart-phone users", or something ridiculous like that. I am totally jealous of all of you with your smart-phones. I would love to have one. And I am holding out hope, like any sane person would, for the day when I will part with the extra money it will require of me to obtain one. Until that time, I will practice optimism. I will focus on what I do have. I have this blog now, so that is totally cool. I have tons of other stuff I can use to do a majority of the functions that a smart-phone would provide. I have this laptop upon which I am typing. We have an iPad to share at home which was an amazing gift from my parents. I have a digital camera, which, again, was a gift from my family. Come to think of it, I have a pretty amazing and wonderful family, with whom I am still able to communicate using my regular old cellphone. I do have unlimited texting on my cellphone plan which allows me to send and receive texts. It may take me 35 minutes just to type, "Hi! I'll be there in 5 minutes," which is why I usually just show up in 5 minutes and then just say, "Hi!". Oh, and I even have more room in my purse or my pocket because the size of my cellphone is very small. And it's light. And I have probably dropped it like seven or eight hundred times and it still works. All of this is good, good stuff.

So, yeah, things are looking up. It is going to be a good day.

Comments