My Mini Spa Vacation

I know I'm making you all jealous out there, but I am bragging about my mini spa vacation anyway. It took a lot of planning on my part. I had to rearrange my schedule, but in the end, it was all worth it. I got the kid to school (late, as usual), the husband off to work, and then the house was mine, all mine. It's true, I do get the house to myself on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for a brief spell. But today was different. Today, I decided to throw caution to the wind and enjoy doing nothing. And I did. And then, I took a bath all alone in the house, and shaved my legs. That would be the "spa" part of my vacation. But, as with all vacations, long or short, there is the whiplash effect of being thrust back to the reality of the day to day. So, it is with that sentiment that I grab my car keys and a couple of after school snacks and rush to pick up the kiddo from school (late, as usual).

Comments