- construction paper
- Fold a piece of black construction paper so it marginally resembles a hat.
- Tape it together.
- Fold a piece of yellow construction paper in half and cut out a shape that looks like half of a feather, then cut slits diagonally along the side that is not folded.
- Open the piece of folded, cut up construction paper. It is a feather. Now tape it to the hat.
- Fold a piece of brown construction paper into a sword.
- Apply tape where necessary.
- (Sorry, my hubby did the sword, so that's all I've got.)
note: If properly constructed, you can safely ignore the advice on repairs as the recipient of these items will remind you with great frequency that she needs some tape.