K is for Kicks, and for Keeping House

Oh dear. With all the dancing and blogging about dancing I've been doing lately, my house is a shambles. Should Kim Woodburn and Aggie MacKenzie drop by with their cameras, they would have a field day with the dirt, grime, and clutter that I have allowed to accumulate these past few weeks. I am not proud of this. Really, I'm not. I've let things slide. It is time to tidy things up with a bit of house keeping.

If you still need your dance fix for today, I'm going to suggest doing some kicks, basically because everyone already knows how to kick. Just pretend you are 5 years old, you are on the school playground, and little Johnny threw sand in your face. Kick. (Go for the shins.) When you practice throwing kicks, make sure you have a good 5 foot radius clear of any people, pets, desks, furniture, walls, doors, beds, laundry baskets, or videographers. You can mix it up however you like: high kicks, low kicks, fast kicks, slow kicks, front kicks, back kicks, hitch kicks.....oh, you don't know what a hitch kick looks like. Perfect. Here's your 9 second lesson for today (which is about all I have time for):

(ps- This is not me. I don't know who this is. But I think she's awesome!)





Comments

  1. You are so funny. I think I'll go do some kicks now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Make sure you stretch first. You don't want to pull something like that lady in the video. ;o)

      Delete
  2. My daughter takes a Mandarin class that I have to attend with her. Yesterday we learned a lot of physical response words. Including kicks. I'm too old for all of this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, you're not too old. Look! dbs is out there doing cartwheels...!
      Unless you are saying you are too old to be learning Mandarin. Then, I say, that's completely your call.

      Delete
  3. I like to randomly kick things. Mostly my husband. He doesn't often appreciate this... and it doesn't help that he's nearly a karate black belt. He knows how to block kicks... o_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it is a good thing he has a black belt in karate!

      Delete
  4. Bravo for the happiness and the laughter. In time she'll master the kick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, make my day.